Holcombe House Estate, Mill Hill Village, London
The site was the former property of the Missionary Institute London and consisted of Holcombe House, a Grade II* Listed Building and The MIL Building.
Holcombe House was built in 1775 for Sir John Anderson who became Lord Mayor in 1797. The building was to the design and direction of architect John Johnson. The MIL Building was completed in 1896 and both buildings functioned as a senior boarding school knows as St Marys Abbey School. In 1977 the buildings were sold to the Missionary Institute London (MIL) who trained missionaries for over-seas service.
These redevelopment proposals saw Holcombe House be restored back into a single grand residence. The MIL Building has been refurbished and converted into 15 apartments, together with associated hard and soft landscaping.